Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Snoopy dance! 46 grams of fiber!

Woo hoo!

Total count:  46 g fiber, 49 g fat, 1675 calories

Breakfast
coffee with half and half and sugar
whole wheat toast with 1/2 t butter
4 dates, deglet noor (they're very sweet and a little crunchy)
quinoa, cooked, 1/2 cup

Lunch
skinless chicken breast in citrus sauce (Olive Garden)
veggies, cooked, 1/2 cup
artichokes hearts, 2 pieces
mukimame shelled soybeans, cooked (steam-in-bag, Target,) 1 1/2 cup

Dinner
Bean burrito, 1 3/4
(whole wheat torillla, canned refried beans, 4 t Italian cheese, shredded)
raw carrots, 3/4 cup
hummus, 1/3 cup

Dessert
Flan, Goya powdered mix in 1% milk, 1 1/4 cup

Wow!  I'm excited that the fat grams matched the fiber and that the total count of calories is what the MyFitnessPal app says is the right limit.

Well, I was staring at vanilla wafers all day (my work space is near the pantry.)  I think it helped to keep eating the mukimame until I wasn't hungry.  I was only planning to have 1/2 cup but was still hungry so I ate more.  I first tried edamame as a part of the Asian salad at McDonalds.  Target had mukimame instead.  I think they taste good.

I am clearing the snacks away quicker than I used to.  Having donuts in the cupboard on top of the stack of dinner plates is better than me passing by it and seeing donuts twelve times a day on the edge of the counter.  A coffee table full of snacks reminds me that I like food, when I'm on my way to do another task and wasn't thinking about food.

And I'm really happy to have flan at the end of the day.  It's my favorite.

!!

No comments:

Post a Comment