Friday, October 9, 2015

Chicken salad for lunch

Yesterday was a low-energy day, but I tried something new for lunch.  Chicken salad with garbanzo beans.

  • 1 can chicken, drained (12.5 oz)
  • 1 T mayonnaise
  • 2 c garbanzo beans (cooked)
I usually like the chicken and mayonnaise by itself to make into sandwiches.  Adding the beans added  24 g of fiber and 8 g fat.  Hellman's mayonnaise added 11 g fat, the chicken, 7 g fat for the can.

Well, no wonder I liked it:  it has more fat than I realized.

I ate 3/4 of the recipe with saltine crackers.  It filled me up and tasted great.  I used less mayo than I normally would have.  Total:  18 g fiber, 19.5 fat.  Higher protein than most meals, a total of 50 g.

Well. by comparison a frozen burrito is 10 g of fat for one burrito.  At least there was the 18 g of fiber and I was full past dinnertime.  I'll take that.

Success!



No comments:

Post a Comment