Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Fridge food storage and defrosting bagels

One interesting thing:  my refrigerated food storage plan is not working.  The fresh produce takes more space than boxes on a shelf or pasta or canned veggies.  I have had to throw away spoiled fresh food because it also is more sensitive and goes bad before my to-do list gets done.  Imagine that.

Solution:  mason jars in pint and a half size with wide mouth storage, found at Target.  The contents are easily seen and I will be able to store many of them on a fridge shelf.  Freezing one person servings probably will work also - when frozen it is the right shape to be reheated in a bowl in the microwave.

I need storage for cauliflower florets, leftovers, and watermelon.  Perhaps in these containers I can grab them easily and do the prep work ahead of time when there isn't much time to put into a meal.  My goal now is to find five minute meals - it has to fit into life.  Maybe freezing things ahead of time will make it easier to grab.

How to defrost a bagel:  put on top of toaster and turn over a few times.  Then slice and toast normally.  It does taste good.


No comments:

Post a Comment